Proctored Exams for Internet Students
All NationsUniversity degree students must successfully complete a series of proctored examinations administered in accordance with NU policies and procedures.
Only Certified proctors can administer these comprehensive exams.
For undergraduate students, the Proctored Comprehensive Exams (PCE) will be taken upon completion of BRS 123, BRS 126, BRS 434, and BRS 444. Students who receive transfer credit for BRS 434 and BRS 444 will be exempt from the Proctored Comprehensive Exams that follow these courses.
Graduate students will be required to take two Qualifying Proctored Comprehensive Exams following completion of M 2 and M 4. The exams are required for both the M.T.S. and M.Div. A final comprehensive exam is also required of all graduate students. The M.T.S. student shall take this exam after the completion of all course work and prior to writing the Capstone Essays. The M.Div. student shall take the exam after the completion of all course work and prior to M 17 Research and Writing.
Students are responsible for selecting a potential proctor.
Roommates, fellow students, friends, spouse, or other family members are not candidates for proctors. A certified proctor is someone who has agreed to uphold a standard or code of ethics and has been approved by NU. Professionals who are government officials, military personnel, public, college or prison librarians, prison educational department employees, human resource personnel, guidance counselors, lawyers, teachers, and clergy will be considered.
Prospective proctors apply can by writing to Student Services, email@example.com.
Determining if student is qualified to take the CPE:
PCE-1 following BRS 123
- Student will have completed BRS 100, BRS 121, BRS 122, and BRS 123 with scores of 70 or above.
PCE-2 following BRS 126
- Student will have completed BRS 100, BRS 121, BRS 122, BRS 123, BRS 124, BRS 125(19) and BRS 126 with scores of 70 or above.
PCE-3 following BRS 434
- Student will have completed all courses shown on his Academic Plan beginning with BRS 100 and including BRS 431 and BRS 434 with scores of 70 or above.
PCE-4 following BRS 444
- Student will have completed all courses shown on his Academic Plan beginning with BRS 100 and including BRS 443 and BRS 444 with scores of 70 or above.
Graduate PCE-1 following M 2
- Student will have completed all courses shown on his Academic Plan beginning with MRS 622, M 1 and M 2 with scores of 70 or above.
Graduate PCE-2 following M 4
- Student will have completed all courses shown on his academic plan beginning with MRS 622, M 1, M 2, M 3, and M 4, with scores of 70 or above.
(Current as of August 1, 2017)
Responsibilities of the Student
- Identify a suitable proctor about one month prior to taking the first PCE.
- Provide potential proctor with information for becoming certified with NU.
- Contact your Advisor who will verify that you are qualified to take the PCE
- Arrange with the proctor a mutually agreeable date, time, and location for the PCE.
- Provide proctor with government-issued photo ID on the day of exam (Internet students only)
- Refrain from discussing the contents of the exam with anyone while taking the exam and after completing it.
- Make no copies of the exam at any time by printing or photocopying.
- Students who do not comply with these policies face expulsion.
Responsibilities of the Proctor
- Read the information under the Proctor page and complete the application; then wait for approval.
- You will receive a username and password by e-mail. You will also receive further instructions from the Registrar.
- When the student’s PCE is scheduled, ask your student to contact his/her Advisor, who will verify that the student is qualified to take the PCE and issue the proctor an enrollment key for gaining access to the password which will open the PCE.
- Go to www.nationsu.net and login. Click on Certified Proctors Only, enter the Enrollment key, then say “yes” to enroll in the course.
- Retrieve the password for the specific PCE your student wishes to take. Passwords will be changed frequently. Do not retrieve passwords in advance of the arranged time to meet your student for the exam. Do not retrieve all passwords at the same time. Never give the student the exam password.
- Log out. After the student logs in with his student code and opens the exam, you will enter the password so that the exam can begin.
- When the student completes the exam and logs out, you will login to the “Certified Proctors Only” page and click on Verification Form.
- Fill in all fields on the form and click “submit response.”
- After the form is completed and submitted, you may simply “X” out of the page, or use the link provided to return to the NU homepage.