It is recommended that all degree seeking students are sure they have at least the minimal requirements of hardware and software as detailed below. These are recommendations, NOT requirements. This page is intended to give the student a baseline for technical requirements. Computer Requirements: A basic Windows or Mac based computer that runs Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox 4 or later should be sufficient for taking classes at NationsUniversity. All students seeking a Religious Studies degree should assure their computer meets the recommended specifications stated below. Note: Some NationsUniversity text books are available as eBooks that you may download to your computer.
The recommended minimum Windows requirements:
- Operating System (recommended): Windows 7 Professional / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10
- PC-Intel Pentium 4 processor
- 1 GB DRAM memory
- 128 GB hard drive space on local drive
- 1024×600 pixel resolution display or similar
- 256 MB DirectX 9 graphics device
- 4GB or greater external backup device (flash-drive, thumb-drive)
The recommended Windows requirements for degree-seeking students:
- Core2 Duo or Core i3 processor at 2 GHz or better
- 3 GB DRAM memory (4GB DRAM preferred for 64 bit version)
- Windows 7 (Windows XP SP3 is acceptable with 2GB of DRAM)
- 20 GB hard drive space on local drive or external hard drive (May require additional space depending on your eBooks library)
- 512MB DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- 1280×1024 4:3 aspect ratio or 1366×768 widescreen display
- Broadband Internet connection required for activation and updates
The recommended Mac requirements for degree-seeking students:
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- Intel only (PowerPC not supported)
- Core2 Duo 2 GHz processor
- 4 GB RAM (2GB minimum)
- 20 GB hard drive space (May require additional space depending on your eBooks library)
- Internet Access A reliable broadband Internet connection is necessary (384 Kb/second download speed minimum). The Internet service must be reliable and provide live technical support.
Note: A public computer with Internet access such as those found at public libraries may be acceptable for working in the classroom site on certain occasions; however, the ability to move files on to and off of the computer’s hard drive is required. Using such a computer may not allow you to compose required assignments in Microsoft Word. At this time we can not guarantee user experience with a netbook, Chromebook or mobile device, including a tablet.
Software for General Use We recommend all students own and install the following products:
- Any major brand antivirus client with daily definition updates.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later
- Other browsers may appear to work well, however there may be isolated classroom features that are missing the correct functionality.
- Microsoft Word 2003 or later. This will be required to compose assignments and research papers for all of your courses.
- Adobe Reader 9.4 or later. For security reasons please be sure to update to the latest release for the version you are running.
- Adobe Flash Player 11.2 or later. It is important for students to upgrade their older version of the player.
- QuickTime Player 6 or later is recommended. iTunes Player is not required.
Students should own a personal e-mail account with at least 10 MB capacity.
We recommend using a private account provided by your Internet service provider and not one provided by your workplace nor a public account such as Yahoo!, Gmail, Hotmail, et cetera. The capability to receive and send faxes is optional.